Wednesday, January 19, 2005

super kaimochi party

Last night I took the train out to my old digs in western Saitama to a dinner party at my former co-chef Yoshiko's house. I was asked to make kaimochi (sobagaki for all of you who grew up in the Tokyo area), which are basically dumplings of unbelievably soft soba (buckwheat) flour. I made these every day during my two month apprenticeship in Yamagata, but never actually got any pictures until last night, when a photographer friend snapped these on someone's digital. Yoshiko made a gorgeous tempura of local greens and we washed it all down with a bottle of nigori (cloudy unfiltered) sake. Also,please dig my haircut.

1 comment:

aggregation-ist said...

Glad you like it Mark, thanks for reading! I'm kinda writing for a general audience, not just friends and family, so feel free to mention it to people you know, I love having readers!